Thursday 18 July 2013

Grandparents

I had the day off work today so thought i'd go up and see my Grandparents with my mother - which was lovely as always! My grandparents mean the world to me. I am so close to my Nan, she is literally my Wonder Woman! 

We went for lunch with my Auntie in Kingston town which was good! spent a bit too much money...oops! but I never stop! I brought a lot of 'dust collectors' as my mum calls them. My logic is, buy loads of stuff now so that when Nick and I move out our place wont be empty! That's reasonable...right?

I brought my first present for my little nephew today! I got him a little one of a kind, knitted, blue jumper. It's so bloody tiny and cute!!! I'm not a broody type of girl. I don't even like children that much, but I can't wait till he comes along. I just know he is going to get spoilt rotten & be the most loved baby in the world. This is his little cardigan! 


I am a typical sucker for charity shop home finds! I just can't help but see if their's ever a bargin! The other day I found this beautiful jug in a british heart foundation store! £1.99 :)



Finally in town I went in this shop called Tiger. This is a store which opened in 1995 in Copenhagen! I go in the one in Basingstoke & Woking whenever i'm in town as they always have really good bits and bobs. For dead cheap too. If you haven't noticed everything I buy is always really cheap (I can't afford expensive things) - and I love my stuff to have character! So whilst I was browsing around I came across some beautiful little containers. I also collect different types of boxes/tins of some sort! Here are some! 



There's this shop in a little village near my nan's house called Broadway Bargins. Every time I go to my Grandparents I stop off in this shop. They sell everything & anything! for dead cheap. I got 2meters worth of material for £2 and it's good quality stuff as well. The shop has been their for years, my nan used to go there when she was younger! Now it's owned by a bunch of old ladies who know me as 'Jeans tattooed granddaughter' ha ha! So cute though, they're all so lovely and chatty. Was in the shop with my nan for about an hour! It's a tiny shop and is all old fashioned, the floors all uneven and everything's everywhere! But that's why I love it. They have these large chest of draws all full with buttons for 1p-10p. You find the most beautiful, detailed buttons! I collect buttons...So I was in heaven! I brought a couple, as well as a new peach coloured zip for a wash bad I am making & some mellow yellow fabric which has tiny flowers on it. God knows what I am going to use it for yet! I'm sure i'll find some use out of it though. Also some little patches!



I am working in Woking tomorrow so i'm sure i'll pop into some charity shops/tiger/topshop/any store and find a way to spend money some how! I am suppose to be saving, no hope! 

xox

No comments:

Post a Comment