Wednesday 10 July 2013

Homemade banana bread.

I very rarely cook so when I do I try to make the presentation amazing and taste even better! I've made this a couple of times now, it's always come out really well so thought i'd do it today as I had some spare time & the banana's were about to go off! Sounds horrible by saying the banana's are going off, but it's when they're best for banana bread!

Here are the ingredient's I have used! 

 285g plain flour.
 Pinch of salt.
 110g butter.
 225g caster sugar.
 2 organic eggs.
 4/6 ripe bananas.
 85ml milk.

This is such a easy thing to make. Prepping time is about 15 minutes and takes around an hour to cook - depending on how crisp you like it & how long it takes to cook through (Mine always varies!) 

Starting off I put my oven on Gas mark 5. After weighing out all my ingredients I popped the butter in the microwave for about 30 seconds, just to soften it up a little bit so i's easier to mix with the sugar. Once that had gone all fluffy I added to to the flour. Along with the milk, caster sugar, salt & eggs. Once that has been all stirred together, with all lumps and bumps gone I mashed the bananas up with a fork in a separate bowl then add to the rest of the mixture. & pop in the oven.

I added some brown sugar to the top of the mixture before placing it in the oven just to crisp it off a little. I also added some sliced banana's after as in my home there's always loads of cakes around so you knew what it is.


Here's some pictures of the final outcome!

Happy baking! 




















P.S. look at what else to do with ripe banana's!http://www.thekitchn.com/dont-toss-them-10-uses-for-rip-14988

No comments:

Post a Comment